Gwent Association of Voluntary Organisations is a Community Voluntary Organisation which is committed to strengthening the effectiveness of the Voluntary and Community Sector across Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire and Newport.
Working with individuals and community groups, as well as the public and private sector, GAVO supports the community through:
- The provision of information, advocacy and support to communities and groups
- Recruiting Volunteers and providing a comprehensive Volunteer Service to individuals and host organisations
- Promoting opportunities for Voluntary Organisations to work together through participation
- Encouraging voluntary and statutory organisations to work together in planning new services
- A community transport service which operates within Blaenau Gwent and Monmouthshire - Monmouthshire Ring a Ride
- Community Training for both individuals and groups
- Responding to the needs of the community by identifying unmet needs and developing new services
- Representation and partnership with government and local authority.
Facilitating, encouraging, enabling & empowering local community groups....
Established in 1927 as the Monmouthshire Rural Community Council, GAVO is now the oldest County Voluntary Council in Wales.
Download Sept to Dec 2014 Training Programme
To become a member, download the GAVO Membership Form
Page last updated by Ivor on 20th November 2014