Gwent Association of Voluntary Organisations is a Community Voluntary Organisation which is committed to strengthening the effectiveness of the Voluntary and Community Sector across Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire and Newport.
Working with individuals and community groups, as well as the public and private sector, GAVO supports the community through:
- The provision of information, advocacy and support to communities and groups
- Recruiting Volunteers and providing a comprehensive Volunteer Service to individuals and host organisations
- Promoting opportunities for Voluntary Organisations to work together through participation
- Encouraging voluntary and statutory organisations to work together in planning new services
- A community transport service which operates within the Blaenau Gwent area - Dial-a-Ride.
- Community Training for both individuals and groups
- Responding to the needs of the community by identifying unmet needs and developing new services
- Representation and partnership with government and local authority.
Facilitating, encouraging, enabling & empowering local community groups....
We've just published our Annual Report, please click on the link below to review our Annual Impact Report which demonstrates the breadth of activities we have undertaken across Gwent.
All GAVO Offices will be closed on Monday 30th and Tuesday 31st May and will reopen on Wednesday 1st June
Established in 1927 as the Monmouthshire Rural Community Council, GAVO is now the oldest County Voluntary Council in Wales.
Page last updated on 27th May 2016